Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Exciting day today ...

Busy, too, but exciting nevertheless.
First, I have to drive into the big city for my physiotherapy session -- which is something I desperately need.  For some reason, I've been in a fibro flare-up for the past several days and it's making me crazy.  The pain is unrelenting and the fatigue is overwhelming.
And of course, just because I'm fatigued doesn't mean that I sleep.
Oh no, that would be way too simple.
Although I did manage to pass out on the sofa yesterday afternoon -- and woke up in abject painful stiffness, afraid to move a muscle for fear of breaking in two (I didn't, of course, but that's what if feels like, initially).
Anyway, back to today.
I'll go into the big city for my physio session and then come home to a meeting with the plans drawer-upper for my new sanctuary/grandson room.
That's the exciting part of the day.   Because once that meeting is behind us, we will call the building inspector to request a meeting to get the application process underway for our permit (hopefully, the permit will be issued quickly to allow the builder to order the necessary supplies).
And then the shopping starts in earnest.
I've already developed my "wish list" and identified what needs to be purchased: floor covering, lighting, window coverings, paint, closet doors, etc.
I'm told this is fun.  Have I mentioned that I hate shopping?
Yes, I hate shopping even when it's for "fun" stuff.
I find the whole experience tedious, probably because it's so physically taxing.
Fortunately, I already know what kind of flooring I want, what I don't want in lighting, what kind of window covering I want, what colour paint I want, and the builder and I have already discussed closet doors (it's just a matter of identifying what's available out there -- perhaps my fingers can do some initial walking).
Excitement abounds in our household ... and it's only gonna get more so in the next month or so.

No comments: