Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My next car WILL NOT be a Chrysler

Remember the problems I've reported here about how my U-connect simply won't work?
I ask my hands-free telephone to call home and it asks me to choose from two lines:  Home and one of my doctors?
Now, one of the choices it gives me doesn't even have a number stored against it.
There are all of three numbers stored in my "phone book:" my home; my little chickadee at her home, and at her work.
Yet if I ask my car to call my daughter, it tells me there is no number stored for her, would I like to call her?  Then it turns off.
I ask the car to call her work number, and it tells me there is no number stored, would I like to call it?  And it turns off.
Frustrating beyond measure.
So once again, I call my service technician (who has witnessed this bizarre behaviour and has been unable to troubleshoot it) to see if he's made any progress with Chrysler in solving the issue.
"No luck," he says.  "Nothing more he can do since they've already replaced the radio and it's doing the same thing.  Chrysler has no suggestions of anything else to try."
And he offered no other resolution to me.
I should take it up with Chrysler, he tells me.
I'll take it up with Chrysler alright.
I've had the vehicle since May 2009 and I've not yet been able to rely on the hands-free telephone feature that I purchased.
As of April 2010, it became law in Ontario that only hands-free use of telephones is allowed while driving. Kind of difficult when the car won't co-operate.
So I am effectively without the use of a very important feature of my car and I'm being told that I have to live with it?
I can assure you, my next vehicle WILL NOT be a Chrysler product, and I have driven only Chrysler products for as long as I've owned a car (buying a new one every two years, in fact).

No comments: