Friday, August 13, 2010

I have a new massage therapist

After much research, and many phone calls (OK, two but who's counting), I found a new massage therapist (you might recall that my former therapist called it quits after ten years in service).
The one I called last week just hit a nerve with me.  I liked her right away.  And she was able to see me on my timeline -- that's always a good start to a relationship.
So I saw her yesterday for the first time and she will do quite nicely.
She has 17 years experience and she certainly knows her stuff.
And there's the potential for her to be a "giggle buddy" too -- I just have to train her.  I can see signs of a good rapport with this one, much like I had with my former therapist.
We have already booked my sessions with her for the next several weeks (I need consecutive weeks' treatments for a while to get me back on track after not having had any massages for the past eight weeks).

And today, I saw my eye doctor again.
My vision continues to decline but we both decided to go with a new prescription now because I can no longer tolerate the lack of distance vision with the glasses I'm wearing.
I'm having increasing difficulty finding a focal point for distance viewing and it's annoying the hell out of me.  So I'm getting my current prescription installed in an old pair of frames (my 2007 glasses) and we both know that in six months' time, I'll be back needing yet another new prescription.
The doctor's office just called to let me know that they have managed to get an agreement from the lab that if I need a new prescription again within six months of getting these glasses, they will replace them without charge.  Now that's a bonus because the prescription I'm wearing now was no good for me five months after I got them.  We've been struggling and testing and monitoring continuously since 2007, but my vision is different every three months!
My eye doctor is going to send a report to my family doctor, detailing the changes she's found since 2007 and explaining the possibility that impaired glucose tolerance (since we know it's not diabetes) could be a factor in the rapidity at which my vision is declining.  Perhaps he'll pay attention to her observations.
And by the way, last night, after having that wonderful massage yesterday, I slept!
That's right.
I went to bed at 8:30pm and essentially passed out (didn't even pick up my book!).
At 10:30pm, when John came to bed, I woke briefly and was quite convinced that it was well past midnight.  I went right back to sleep and didn't wake again until 3:00am (that's four and a half hours folks!).  After my pee break, I again went right back to sleep and got up for the day at 6:15am (another three hours!).
That means I slept nine hours last night.
Just goes to show you how beneficial massage therapy can be!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Is it possible to have that massage therapist move in??????

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

Wouldn't that be fabulous? To have a massage therapist right there, when you need her? AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!