Monday, August 2, 2010

I Don't Know About This ....

I'm not sure about this new sleeping med the doctor gave me.
Thursday night, I slept very well, but it kept me groggy and dopey all the next day.
Friday night, I again slept very well without the grogginess and dopy feeling the following day.
I enjoyed a day of significant energy level so I was obviously well rested.
Then it started to fall apart.
Saturday night, I woke repeatedly (I know not why) and had difficulty getting back to sleep each time.  But I was so groggy, I couldn't actually get up and do anything so I had to stay in bed.  I would eventually drift off but not for very long at a time.
Yesterday, I again enjoyed a day of significant energy level, although I was aware that I could have just as easily gone to bed and fallen asleep at the drop of a hat.  But my Angel and her husband's visit kept me awake and alert with little difficulty.
And last night was much the same as Saturday, except this time, I know why I was waking up.  I was in extreme pain.  My hips were burning severely and they so wanted me to be upright.  But again, I was too groggy to stay up so I had to remain supine -- a position I really don't find very conducive to sleep.  Hence, I don't feel like I got a lot of restful sleep last night.
I realize that this is just four nights into the new med, and I guess I really should give it a fair shake (my doctor and I have always agreed that a week to ten days is a fair trial period unless an obvious allergic reaction occurs).  So, I'll continue using it for a while longer to see if my body settles into a beneficial response.  If not, it too will be stopped as yet another failed experiment in my quest for a night's restful sleep.
Should it prove to be helpful though, my plan is to only use it occasionally -- perhaps once a week before I get too far behind in the sleep equation.
I'll have to play it by ear to see what works.  Luckily, I'm fairly good at reading my body and knowing when things are getting out of control so I should be able to nip things in the bud, once I find something I can safely use that actually works.
Later today, my little chickadee is returning my vehicle so I get to see her again, along with Pauple and my beautiful boy.  We're feeding them before they head home --- pseudo-ribs; baked beans; potato salad -- yumm, yumm! (What a deal huh?  They get my car for four days -- leaving me wheel-less -- and when they return it, I feed them!  Where else can you get a car rental for those kinds of rates?)  To be sure, I'll be collecting my hugs and kisses from each of them before they leave here.

No comments: