Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Quick Update ...

This will be quick because I've got to run again.
Had a long day in the city yesterday.
Left home at 9:30am for my 11:15am physio appointment.
En route, I made two stops:  one at The Bay to purchase a pair of Spanx long leg "power panties" so I can compare them to the Body Wrap version (more on that research later); then I stopped at my favourite computer shop to deliver a gift to my techie friend (not giving details of that here).  I ended up having a long chat with the founder's son (now the former owner -- he was all of about two years old when I started doing business with the shop).
After my physiotherapy session, I met my sister-in-law for lunch to collect the next version of my MedicAlert bracelets that we've been "designing" -- I think we've finally got it right now.  So I am now the proud owner of three interchangeable, very fashionable bracelets for my medallion.  We are too clever!
By the time I got home at 2:30pm, I was properly pooped.
And my dentist's office called.
I had had to cancel my scheduled visit back in March when I was going through my withdrawal crisis.
We've been trying ever since to reschedule but every time they called, they were offering me a day that was consecutive to a day on which I had just been into the big city.
So I declined.
This time, would I be able to come in on Tuesday -- that would be today -- at 1:15pm??
I hemmed and hawed about it for a while and then decided -- what the heck.
Go for broke.
My teeth have been screaming for attention for quite some time now.
I really should go.
So, I accepted.
Now I'm committed to making a trip into the big city again today -- after doing the round trip yesterday.
And wouldn't you know it?
I woke up this morning feeling like my body was swollen to twice its size again.
What's up with that?
Gonna have to talk with my physiotherapist about this phenomenon because this is the second time it's happened following a treatment with her.
The sensation clears once I'm up and about, but it's really quite painful initially.
I wonder if perhaps the Lyrica dosage that I'm taking is no longer sufficient for my body's needs?  Unfortunately, if that is the problem, too bad -- so sad.  Because I cannot tolerate a higher dosage:  my leg cramps worsen!  Been there; done that.
Anyway, I'm up now and I'm dressed and I'm ready to head into the big city to have my teeth cleaned and checked.
Not looking forward to the pain of it either.
While I was taking Cesamet, it didn't hurt to have my teeth cleaned.
But I'm not taking Cesamet any more.
So this is going to hurt again.
Just like it used to.
Yucko!
Oh the joys of being a sensitive-toothed fibromyalgic.

No comments: