Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Jury is "IN"

I'm ready to give a decision on my research into compression garments.
As I posted here, last Saturday I purchased a pair of Body Wrap long-leg panty shapewear.  I wore them for the rest of that day and all day Sunday.
Then on Monday, I bought a pair of Spanx Power Panties (that's what they call their long-leg panty) performance underwear.  I wore them for the rest of that day and all the next day.
Since Wednesday, I have been switching between the two to test each in various of my day-to-day situations.
And now, I'm ready to give my verdict.
While I can't say that one gives any more compression than the other (and each gives equally beneficial compression), I can absolutely say that the Body Wrap panty is superior to the Spanx in several ways.
The Spanx power panty provides the compression I need/want, but there is a sense of restriction while I'm wearing it -- I don't have that sense when I'm wearing the Body Wrap panty.  The Spanx panty also presents more of struggle to put on, but doesn't provide more compression once it is on -- just more of a restrictive sensation (my body weight/height put me smack dab in the middle of the Spanx size range so it's not like I should go to the next size up).
For me, the Body Wrap panty is more comfortable (my weight put me at the upper end of the size chart so I was risking the item being too small) -- no sense of restriction, easier to put on, and the fabric is lightyears ahead of Spanx.   Body Wrap provides just the amount of compression I need without restricting me in any way (one does not want to risk any cut-off of circulation if wearing these garments for long periods). And it is $10.00 cheaper than Spanx.
So, Body Wrap it is.
I will be buying several pair of the Body Wrap long-leg shapewear and will check out their high-waisted version to see if it will help with my mid-back pain.
Who knows, I may have found the answer to a question I wasn't even asking.

No comments: