Sunday, April 11, 2010

On the mend ... AGAIN!

Oh dear, will this ever end?
I'm feeling much better this morning, again.
I actually managed close to ten hours of sleep last night.
Did you hear me?  TEN hours!
Not continuously, of course.  That just wouldn't happen.
Yesterday was simply horrible.  I spent the day wallowing on that dreaded sofa, wondering if this stupid nightmare will ever be over.  My energy simply wouldn't pick up.  By the end of the day, I was beginning to wonder if this new blood pressure med was a good idea.  But the monitor is clearly showing that my BP is elevated in the morning and lowers as the day progresses (I take the tablet in the morning).  Apparently, it is doing what it's supposed to do, so I will stick with it and continue monitoring as I have been instructed to do.
Finally, at about 8:15pm I took a sleeping aid and headed off to bed (no, I didn't even try to stay awake for my boys' ball game; I left them in the 3rd inning to win the game without me -- which they did!).
In spite of the sleeping aid, I still woke at the predictable two hour intervals but I didn't actually get up for the day until 6:15am -- that is somewhat of a record for me so I guess the sleeping aid did indeed help.
And I must admit, I do feel rested and ready to face the day today.
But I know I have to pace myself or I will be inviting another crash.
So I've altered my schedule considerably from what had been planned for today.
I was supposed to go into Ottawa mid-morning to meet some friends for late breakfast / early lunch but that has been cancelled (I actually cancelled it on Thurday/Friday during my meltdown).
Instead, I will go into the city early afternoon to proceed with a watered down version of what the original plan had been.
That is, I will go to my little chickadee's "second other mother's" place (it's a loooong story) and prepare her income tax (I play accountant to many, although my client list has shrunk considerably over the years) and we will have a nice leisurely visit, ordering in pizza for dinner while we sit and chat over a glass of wine.  I will stay there tonight (we always have a sleep-over at income tax time -- it is our one time of year that we get a chance to visit alone together and we both look forward to the opportunity).
In the morning, she will give me a wonderful breakfast before sending me off for my earlier-than-usual physio appointment (where we will change the athletic taping on my right leg, and introduce same to the left leg).
From there, I will meet my little chickadee and one of my nieces (whom I haven't spent time with since she was nigh-on-high to a grasshopper) for a leisurely lunch.  I'm looking forward to the lunch because this niece grew up in Kitchener-Waterloo so I didn't get to see her a lot as a child.  She's been going to school in Ottawa this past year and will be heading off to Inuvik for the summer so she's trying to connect with her family that lives in this area before she leaves.
Don't worry MFN, she won't replace you in my heart!
Then, of course, after lunch I'll head directly home to rest again.
But this time, no pit stops.
None.
Nada.
I think that's what contributed to my meltdown on Thursday -- too many pitstops enroute both in and out of the city.
I'm not taking any chances this time.

1 comment:

Shannon YFN said...

Phew!! I was getting worried - I haven't been reading due to being so sick (sinus infection like all your allergy symptoms) and moving (no computer)- I hope you are feeling better, my antibiotic hopefully will have me well by SATURDAY!! MFA!!