Monday, April 5, 2010

I'm almost getting 7 hours

So, here's the scoop.
Saturday night, I managed to get 6.75 hours of sleep.
Not continuously, of course, that would be too bizarre.
No, I had gone to bed at 9:30 pm on Saturday.
Woke at 10:45pm - again at 11:40pm; again at 1:30am; again at 3:00am and again at 4:30am.
That's when I got up for the day -- Easter Sunday.
Now, we don't "celebrate" Easter around here -- it's just another day of the week for us.
In fact, we had arranged for a friend to come over and help John clean up the grounds from the ravages of winter.  My angel's son arrived at 12:45pm and they worked like dogs until 5:00pm -- the yard is all cleaned up and ready for the season.  He is a wonder, my angel's son -- just like his mom!
I spent the day doing many loads of laundry (don't worry, remember I have the stair lift so I'm not actually "climbing" stairs) and giving the porch a work-over to get it ready just in case we can use it on Friday when some friends are coming over for dinner.  (The porch will now become part of the house that the cleaning lady will maintain throughout the year until winter turns it into our extended freezer again.)
And I rested between chores because I very much still have to pace myself.
Last night, I hit the sack at 9:45pm.
Woke up at 10:45pm; and again at 11:15pm.  That's when I put the TENs machine on so I was "up" until about 11:30pm.
Woke next at 2:00am.  Obviously, the TENs unit allows me to sleep longer if I use it so I'll have to get into the habit of always putting it on at the first wake-up (I hadn't been using it for the previous nights).
I stayed up then and watched some canned television until 4:00am when my eyelids were getting really heavy, so I went back to bed.
And disturbed John, who had been sleeping continuously since 9:30 the night before (God, I envy him that ability!).  So John got up to start his day and he went and fetched the morning newspaper for me.
I managed to get through the first section of the paper before my eyes were losing the fight so I turned off the light at 5:00am and slept again until 7:00am.
It would seem that 6.75 hours is my "total" sleep allotment.  At least that's what I seem to get, regardless of how I manage to acquire it; be it in one and a quarter hour increments, one and a half hour increments, two hour increments ...
Today, my angel's son is coming back and he and John will tackle odd jobs around here to further clean up and make the place presentable.
I've got a few chores mapped out but I plan to take it much easier today than I did yesterday.
Today is Opening Day of baseball season and, as my little chickadee can attest, once the season starts, my schedule tends to revolve around the Jays' games.
Bonnie Fowler
Let's Play Ball - April 2010
At 2:00pm today, I'll be busy catching my beloved Blue Jays' first game of the season.
Later.  I have things to do before 2:00pm, and as someone famous once said -- tempus fugit!

No comments: