Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Doctor's Office is the BEST!

I called there this morning and explained my allergy situation.
Now you have to understand that his current staff doesn't truly know me, they are too new.
But I explained that my allergies have made a reappearance after 15 years of laying in abeyance (she didn't even know I ever suffered from allergies).
And I wanted my medic to call me tonight so I could remind him that he used to give me some kind of steroid shots to keep my reactions under control.  I wanted to secure one of the two "emergency" appointments for tomorrow morning (they are hard to come by and can only be given out on his say-so).
Well, she promised to talk to him and get back to me.
And get back to me she did, in very short order I might add.
She called this afternoon to tell me that he couldn't call me this evening because of other commitments, but he had instructed her to tell me to simply show up tomorrow morning and he would give me the shot I need.
Just like that!
So John will take me into the big city tomorrow (my eyes are so watery there is no way I could make that drive myself) and I will again see my doctor, after just having seen him last Thursday.
He knows that if I call and say that my allergies are back, it's because my allergies are back and I need his help.

No comments: