Sunday, January 3, 2010

Coming out of the fog

Three days of doing nothing helps I guess.
I've literally done nothing ...
Except sit around the house and read.
I finished reading a second novel today.
Gonna start a third one tonight (very soon actually).
I'm feeling much better now.
Even managed to eat some dinner.
Which thrilled the heck out of John.
The first real meal I've eaten since I don't know when.
I didn't really eat a lot you realize.
It was just a significant amount of food for me, in the scheme of things.
I'm monitoring my daily intake and my weight loss so that I can let my doctor know if we still need to worry.
And we do.
I can eat very little before the pain starts.
So I try to eat something every two hours.
Problem is, I don't get hungry.
So John kind of watches and keeps on my ass about what I'm eating, IF I'm eating.
And tonight, he was absolutely delighted when I asked if there was any more rice to be had.
My weight loss continues, albeit not as profoundly as it had been.
My little chickadee thinks I'm fading away to nothing but it's not quite that bad; the scale tells me that I'm almost holding and truth be known, I could still lose a good chunk more.
Just not this way.
Eventually, an explanation will be found
or
I will just get down to my goal weight and all will be right with the world.
Yeh, that's what will happen.

No comments: