Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Difficult, Slow Day

Well, I saw every second hour all night again last night.
Even before I opened my eyes, I could predict what time the clock would read based on what time it had been the previous time I had been up!
When I did get up for the day, it didn't take long to determine that I was facing a day just like yesterday, except the pain is that much worse again.
Every step takes tremendous effort; it's like my legs are not attached to my brain.  They just don't seem to get the message that they are supposed to propel me forward.
This was supposed to have been a physiotherapy day but I couldn't face the drive into Ottawa.
It simply didn't make sense to subject myself to the 45-minute drive for the therapy session and then have a 45-minute drive back home.  While I certainly would have benefited from the therapy itself, I had to weigh the impact that the drive would have had on me because 90 minutes in the car takes its toll too.
So, I ended up slapping on the TENs machine again and that allows me to move around here and get done what needs doing.
Hopefully, I'll settle into this level of pain and will not have to cancel out of too many more of my life's pleasures.
In the meantimee, I can't tell you how thankful I am that I have so many pain management tools available to me at home.  I can't imagine what I'd do if I didn't have these options.

No comments: