Wednesday, July 17, 2013

OMG, it's hot, hot, hot

This heat is absolutely unbearable!
The other night, (well, the wee hours of the morning) I woke in asthmatic distress as a result of the heat and humidity.  (We sleep with a fan going but all that does is blow the hot air around.)
It took me a while to figure out what was wrong with me.  The pain in my chest was new to me.  At first I wondered if I was having a heart attack.  I routinely take my meds as soon as I get up, and once I used my puffer the pain subsided.
"Aaaaaaah, it was just asthma," I thought.  I'm not used to having asthmatic trouble, it's so well controlled.
My emergency puffer now sits on the night table beside me.  Another resides in my purse.
I was up early again this morning -- 4:30 am.  Did my time on the treadmill before 6:00 am.  I really don't like missing that part of my routine but in this heat, it's sometimes difficult to endure.
Today, I plan to sit in front of the fan and read.
Nothing else to be done in this crazy extreme weather!

No comments: