Saturday, July 6, 2013

I'm Going to see The Jersey Boys

Today's the day.

The day before the show opened in Ottawa, as I left my physiotherapist's office I was stopped at a red light and ahead of me, a huge transport truck was able to make a right turn onto the road just as my light was about to change to allow me to make the left turn onto the same road.
Initially, I was cursing about this huge behemoth that would block my view and slow me down.
Until I was able to read the markings on the truck.
It was the JERSEY BOYS' equipment truck making its way to the National Arts Centre.
Then I had no problem with their being in front of me.  (I also knew they would only be ahead of me for a brief time since we would both be making the next right turn and they would go straight while I would turn left again to head onto the highway.)
But since then, having the reality of their presence in Ottawa brought home to me so visually, I've been seriously counting down until today.
And finally, it's here.
This afternoon, at 2:00 pm, I will once again be enjoying the story of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons as told through the music which I so loved as a teenager (and continue to enjoy today).
Three years ago, my little chickadee delighted me for my 60th birthday by taking me to Toronto to see the production there, yet still I'm looking so forward to seeing it again in Ottawa.  It was that good!
Today, we have box seats.
I am soooooooooooooo excited.
Not that anyone could tell.

No comments: