Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yesterday was a phenomenal day

I had energy to spare yesterday.  Two million bucks is what I felt like.
Up before 4:30 am, I had baked beans on the go by 5:30 am. (Onions chopped and bacon sliced without pain in hands.)
Put up a batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Love Bars ... (Ingredients cut and chopped without pain.)
Then baked a batch of Hermit cookies ...  (Both baking jobs mixed by hand, without pain!)
Stripped the bed, did laundry, remade the bed  ...
Ran a load of dishes through the dishwasher ...
Cleaned up the kitchen from the baking frenzy ...
All before noon.
Later, when John commented on my productive day, I told him that it felt wonderful to want to do things again and actually be able to do them.  The only repercussion of course was that my back had objected.  But even that kind of felt good, in an odd sort of way.  
Last evening, I went to bed very tired -- but it was the kind of tired a person should feel after putting in a day like I had. Sort of what a normal person would be like.  (I almost remember when I used to be that way ... many years ago.)
Yesterday I took the last dose of the steroid.  I wonder for how long I will retain the benefit of this therapy?  I'm hoping it lasts at least through to the end of the month, for obvious reasons.  (That long and beyond would be fabulous, to be sure.)
Today, I'm up before 3:00 am and I have to go into the big city this morning for a physio session.  Then we have a Christmas Cheer outing to attend this evening -- a half hour's drive away.  If I don't manage a nap this afternoon, it's going to be a very long day indeed!

No comments: