Saturday, December 17, 2011

If it weren't for bad luck ...

I'd have no luck at all.
Just like the famous saying goes.  (Sometimes, I swear that was written for me, along with Murphy's Law!)
Yesterday, I spent the day making meat pies.  And oh what a productive day it was!
When I was taking the bounty down to the freezer, my stair lift crapped out -- mid flight, as it were.
So there it sits, a foot from the top of the stairs, waiting for me to reach the service guy.  I'll place a call today and hope that he can make a visit here before Christmas to address whatever is wrong with it.
And of course, because I had spent the day in the kitchen -- on my feet -- I was in fairly rough shape last night.
A soak in my jet massage tub was very much in order.  I filled the tub and lowered myself in, so looking forward to feeling those jets pound away the ache in my shoulders and upper back.
Yeh, right!   The back jets wouldn't work.
Luckily the lower jets were working fine so I was at least able to benefit from those on my legs and hips.  But oh, I so wanted those jets to do their magic on my back and shoulders!
John will take a look at the danged thing this morning, but the last time this happened, we had to call an electrician to fix it (those tubs are complicated monsters).
This morning, I woke with almost as much pain as I had last night.
So today will be an enforced R&R day.  I'll spend it vegging.
Problem is, I don't even have a good book in which to get lost.
As I said, if it weren't for bad luck ...

No comments: