Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting into the Spirit of the Season

Today I'm truly raring to go.
I've had several consecutive nights of good sleep (low AHI readings = restful sleep).
Oddly enough, I'm back to waking every two and a half hours or so because I do still have to change position, but I'm never up for long.  I make the required change and go right back to sleep.
Today, in fact, I slept until past 6:00am. That's a record for me.  I'm usually up between 4:30 and 5:00am, already on the stationary bike by 5:15am most mornings.
And I have to admit, I do like that routine.
I guess it works for me.  It reminds me of my working days when I was naturally up by that time.
I remember arriving at the office and announcing that I had already put in a day's worth of work because I had done so many household chores before I left home!
I guess my circadian rhythm is morning person.
My mother always used to say that she never needed to use an alarm clock once I came along because she had me to wake up the household.  And she was not talking about me as an infant.  She was referring to my childhood years.  Obviously, I've been an early riser all my life.
So, what am I doing with all this energy today?
I've pulled out all the paraphernalia that becomes my Christmas village and over the next couple of days, I will convert a corner of my home into a wondrous scene.



And I'll also turn space in my sanctuary into a welcoming corner for Santa.

So you can see I'll be busy for the next few days.
Take care.

No comments: