Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I got my new glasses!

I did.  I did!
We had a very long day in the city yesterday.
And it started off with a bang.
Really it did!
I "banged" into the side of the garage as I backed out and I smashed my passenger side mirror.
Excellent start to the day indeed!
We arrived at the hospital for our first appointment (removal of John's stitches) and there was no parking to be had.  Ended up on the fifth level in the tightest-squeeze ever of a parking spot.  But we at least arrived sort of, almost on time (we had arrived at the parking garage fifteen minutes ahead of schedule, walked into the clinic five minutes late).
Ninety minutes later (yes, ninety minutes to remove stitches!) we were on our way to our second stop -- my physiotherapy session.
Ninety minutes later again, we were off to our unexpected stop -- my mechanic -- to request that he order a new mirror for my car. That will be $200.00 plus labour and the mirror should be in by Friday.  Perfect timing because we have to go back to the city on Friday so we'll stop in again on our way home that day.
Such fun.
From there, it was on to my eye doctor to pick up my new computer glasses.
Initially, I wasn't so sure they would work for the computer.  They are fine for reading close-up but seemed a tad wonky for computer.  We discussed the likelihood that I might be a candidate for bifocal computer lenses with my next change.  For now, perhaps moving the screen a bit closer might be a solution.
As I try them, they seem to work fine (having moved the screen closer) and they certainly do allow me to see the close-up work (for my bookkeeping etc) so I guess they'll do.  It will take a few days of trying them to ascertain whether I'm happy with them.  If not, it will be back for yet another rework.
My eyes are such a source of joy!
daily deals

No comments: