Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yet more progress

I'm still progressing with the CPAP unit.
At least I've made it through two more nights with the mask.
On Sunday afternoon, I fell asleep in front of the television for about an hour, just before the ballgame started.  I woke up on time to see first pitch though. 
Falling asleep in front of the television is a no-no, apparently.  Now that I'm using the CPAP, if I need to nap during the day, I'm supposed to go to my bed, hook myself up and sleep with that danged thing on.
Yeh, sure.
In your dreams, baby.
Anyway, on Sunday night (well, Monday morning), I ony managed to leave the mask on until 4:30am.  That's when I woke and decided that I'd had enough.
You see, I'm still waking far too often.
For what, I know not.
But when I wake, I'm acutely aware of the dry mouth.  And the fact that I need to scratch my nose -- something that is impossible to do with that stupid mask on.
I did manage to go back to sleep, without the mask, until 6:30am.
And I fell asleep in front of the television again -- this time for about a half hour around 2:00pm
Ooops.
And we had dinner guests last evening (step-son and his wife) and I was truly fighting to keep my eyes open through the dinner chatter.
Ooops.  Guess my daytime sleepiness score isn't improving much yet.
Last night, I left the mask on all night.
Today, after my physio session I again take the machine to the rep guy.
It will be interesting to see what the readings are this time.
I'm not yet feeling better than I was before I started using the CPAP.
But at least I'm feeling better now than I was in the first week on the machine.
And that is progress.

No comments: