Thursday, July 14, 2011

Five weeks and counting

Today marks five weeks since that steroid injection in my left hip joint.
And I continue to enjoy its benefits.
Everyone who sees me has the same reaction.
"How come you're walking like a normal person?"
"You get THAT much mobility from one shot?"
It is truly amazing.
And to think that I can expect this degree of mobility after my hip is replaced!
My weight loss efforts aren't happening though.
In spite of the increased activity (and there's LOTS of increased activity) my weight simply isn't budging.
Guess I'm just gonna have to cut back more on what I'm eating.  (I really don't eat all that much but a woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do ....)
My right hip is starting to object to the increased activity though.  But I'm kind of ignoring its complaints right now.  The pain is just a nagging ache and not yet unbearable.
In any event, I'm going to enjoy the benefits of this mobility while I can because unfortunately, it will end.  And when it has run its course, I will again have to endure that God-awful pain and lack of mobility until the surgery happens, whenever that might be.
In the meantime,
Heaven ...
I'm in heaven...

No comments: