Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seems the party's over

Yup.  The steroid shot seems to have run its course.
Six weeks and three days.
Sigh.
Woke up this morning, severe foot cramps.
Wow, haven't had those in quite some time.
Got up out of bed and thought, "hmmmm, something's not quite right this morning."
John commented that I wake up now appearing to be quite refreshed, very different since I'm on the APAP machine.
He wasn't very pleased to hear that while the machine is apparently doing its thing, the steroid has run out.
I actually kind of suspected it by yesterday when my left groin was giving me fits.
Couldn't get comfortable, no matter what I did.
And my SI joint was getting in on the act too.  A dead give-away!
Today, I can pretend no longer.
The party's over.  I'm back to that persistent, nagging tooth-ache-like pain in my groin with every movement.
Sigh.
All good things must come to an end.
But did it have to end so soon?
I wasn't finished enjoying my time in heaven.
I had plans.
Now, I have to come back to earth ... and wait.
That surgery call can't come soon enough for me.

No comments: