Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What a week-end we had!

What a fabulous week-end we had in Toronto!
John and Bob (our host) went to the ball game at the park on Friday night.  I stayed at Bob's and watched the game on television, preferring not to subject myself to the abuses of sitting in the nosebleed section and all that that entails.  Apparently, I made the right call too.  It was wild in that place that night.
On Saturday, our host treated us to his usual wonderful breakfast before we headed out to the ballpark.  My boys won that game too.  And had it not been for the three men sitting in the seats next to us, it would have been a perfect outing.  Those guys really should have gone to a bar to watch the game because it seems they were more interested in the beer stand than they were the ball game (at least that's what it seemed to me, the occupant of the aisle seat who had to keep getting up to let them out and then back in every five minutes!).
On Sunday, I could barely walk, more from the after effects of all the yo-yo-ing of the day before I'm sure.  Again our host treated us to a terrific breaskfast before we headed back to the ball park.  This time, we were entertained by a young man sitting directly behind me who was also really into the beer but he was funny, rather than obnoxious so it was easy to take.  He just really wanted his team to score big (and he thought I was awesome, just awesome!)  Sunday's game was incredible, albeit a loss.
We won the week-end series with what turned out to be a most exciting three games indeed.  My boys are ready for the season this year!
Our train ride home was uneventful, until we got to the Barrhaven station and I realized that we had retrieved someone else's bag from the train.  It took a while to straighten that mess out -- ours was in Ottawa, and the owner of the bag we had was also in Ottawa.  A switcheroo was organized and everyone was happy.  (I'll get my bag from my good friend, RLR, on Thursday.  Fortunately, she lives five minutes from the station, and by the time we got home, she already had my bag.)
Today, I'm simply catching up on things around here (including my breath) and I'll go for a massage later today.
I'm not suffering too badly for having made the trip, but my left hip is certainly letting its presence be known.
Tomorrow, I'll rest completely and get back on track.

No comments: