Thursday, April 7, 2011

Five more sleeps

Only five more days 'til my visit with the orthopaedic surgeon.
Can you tell I'm anxious?
Each day, as I have less and less trouble with my hip, I find myself wondering if I even need surgery.
Then I hear my physiotherapist reminding me to "do the test" and I remember, "Oh yeh, I'm having less pain cuz I'm doing nothing."
And the whole purpose of having the surgery is to restore my ability to do things.
Like a normal person, sort of.
Yet I know that because of the fibro, I will still have limitations, even after the surgery eliminates the hip pain.
I'll still have to pace myself because I will forever be faced with the problem of extreme fatigue that plagues most fibro sufferers.
For instance, my fatigue level these past few days has been at an all time high.
All I want to do is sleep and it's really quite annoying, because I also need to be doing other stuff.
Like, I don't know, live a life perhaps.
I'm sure the fatigue is payback for having had a weekend in Toronto cheering on my beloved Blue Jays.
And I knew I'd pay a high price for that enjoyment.
Is it worth it?
You bet.
It's worth every ounce of suffering because, not only did I enjoy the weekend, so too did John, and our host loves having us come to visit and take in some games.  So much so that he's already asking when we're doing it again.  That's three for the price of one, I think.  How often do you get that much satisfaction from something?
So, will I do it again?
In a heartbeat, if other commitments in our schedule allow it.  Right now, we're looking at possibly taking in the Yankees series in mid-July, or the Texas series at the end of July.
We'll know better once I've seen the surgeon and have a first surgery date.
Our Blue Jays schedule depends on what my surgeon has to say.
And that's only five more sleeps away ...

No comments: