Saturday, April 9, 2011

Horrid night last night

I don't know what I have to do, really I don't.
I sat around and vegged all day yesterday.
It's getting to the point of ridiculous.
We returned from a three-day trip on Monday, and on Friday I was still suffering the effects of having taken that trip.
When I saw my physiotherapist on Thursday and complained about the fatigue, she opined about how, as we age, we all take longer to recover from everything.  I commented that my husband, who had celebrated his 79th birthday the day before, was not experiencing the same ill effects -- he was good to go on Tuesday!
"Ah," she said, "but he doesn't have fibromyalgia, does he?"
Damn, this cursed fibro!
OK, so I end up in a fibro flare-up for having enjoyed a Blue Jays outing.  But does it have to linger so long?
I went away for three days, and I'm still suffering four days later?
Enough is enough, I say!
And to add insult to injury, last night my hips decided to get into the action (just in case I was getting complacent about the need for surgery perhaps?).
All night long, even through my disjointed slumber, I was aware of the pain and the fidgetting as I tried to get comfortable.  It wasn't just one hip either; noooooo, this time, both hips were yelling at me!
When morning finally struck an acceptable hour, I got up feeling like a wet dishcloth.
Simply don't feel like doing anything.
Will my energy level ever return?
Just how long will this fibro flare-up last anyway?
The swelling in my hands has gone down, but only slightly.  In the past, my hands have always been a fairly good barometer of my fibro status.  So perhaps this one is on the decline now.
Unbelievable!
Three days.
That's all I took.
Three lousy days of fun, and fibro makes me pay with six days of suffering.
Makes me wonder what I'm in for following the hip replacement surgery, which we know is going to plunge me into a flare-up.  How ever will I have the energy to recuperate properly?

No comments: