Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I DID IT, I DID IT!

I did 15 minutes on the exercise bicycle today! Yippeee!!! I'm back on track. But this time, I won't do "too much too soon" as my physiotherapist describes the syndrome. I have a habit of pushing too hard, apparently.
It is abundantly clear that I can't manage 15 minutes one day and 10 the next, so I have had to scale back to 15 minutes every other day. I will have to settle for that. Especially since it took me three attempts to get back up to 15 minutes again!
I'm not sure when I will start the walking program on the alternate day -- my regular physiotherapist is back next week so I will discuss that with her.
Today I went into Ottawa for a physio session and ran some errands before returning home. My energy level still isn't great but I'm thinking I need to get into better shape -- condition myself into "doing" things, if you will. I mean, after all, of course it hurts me to walk if I don't walk, right?

No comments: