Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cherry Angioma

Cherry angioma.
Ever heard of that?
Neither had I.
Until yesterday.  In my little chickadee's e-mail.
Subject:  "Another thing to thank you for"
Message:  "cherry angioma...that is what the red dots are called, also known as Campbell de Morgan spots. The cause is unknown but they tend to be genetic!  Oh, and you get them as you get older, usually after age 30. "
She had been admonishing me for some time about the appearance of the tiny bloodspots, many of which I have had for several years now.
I had told her that my doctor (our doctor) had given me a name for them a long time ago but I couldn't remember what he called them.  All I recalled is that he told me they were of no consequence, and that they were yet another sign of aging.
I don't recall my doctor ever mentioning that the spots had a genetic component.
My little chickadee.
She has so much for which to be genetically thankful!

1 comment:

Heather said...

my brother and I have them too. So did our mother.


heather