Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Will my surgery EVER happen?

I finally reached my surgeon's office yesterday.
Needed to let them know that my medical record should show that I do in fact have sleep apnea (that was one of the questions on the intake form).
Before I could tell her the reason for my call, she asked me when I had seen the doctor.
"May 18th of this year," I said.
"Not before May of next year," she replied.
"I'm sorry," I said, "I'm not sure I understand what you mean."
"Your surgery won't be before May of next year," she repeated.
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," I said, "but that wasn't what I was calling about."
Then our discussion continued to cover the matter of my apnea.
Turns out it's not a problem (which I knew it wouldn't be -- just knew it needed to be part of the record).  I should just let them know at the pre-op meeting, whenever that happens.
But on a lighter note, I AM on the cancellation list and sometimes that moves quickly.  Apparently some people keep postponing.  I assured her that I would not postpone -- when I get the call, I'm good to go.
She suggested that it might not take all that long then.
Yeh right.  Perhaps March instead of May?

No comments: