Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How I really spent my birthday

My little chickadee feels that I should update everyone on how my birthday day truly unfolded yesterday.
You see, I didn't actually spend the day being pampered, indulged and all around treated like a queen.
It was a day like every other day.
John went for the newspapers and once I had read them, I got up and served him breakfast.  (Can you see what's wrong with this picture already?)  Good thing pouring a bowl of cereal and making toast is not too taxing for my royal body on my special day!
Then we got a call from the electrician who had done the wiring and installation for my sanctuary.  Remember the ceiling fan that didn't work?  It now works.  Took him all of twenty minutes to find the problem and correct it.  Ta da!  Nice cool, comfortable sanctuary now.
I spent the rest of the day amusing myself on the computer looking for dead people (that's what I call my genealogical research hobby).  I'm having great fun trolling through the pages of the 1911 UK Census looking for various and sundry members of my family (and actually finding some too).
My little chickadee, Pauple and my beautiful boy arrived around 5:30 with my car and I collected many hugs and kisses.
We visited for a bit and heard all about their camping holiday, then we headed out to have dinner at the Mill Street Crepe Company.
'Cept we got there and it wasn't open.  It only opens for dinner Thursday through Sunday.
Damn!  That was my second unsuccessful attempt to try this place.
We ended up going to the same place where we held my 60th party last year.
It wasn't crepes but the company was good!
One of these days, I'll get to that crepe place -- third times the charm isn't it? 

No comments: