Friday, August 26, 2011

Oops, I've been remiss again

I guess I've been rather neglectful of late, insofar as this blog is concerned.
Sorry 'bout that.
I've not been very well organized the last while, so I'm not accomplishing much on any given day.
In fact, I'm finding that the days are being frittered away without much effort at all.
On Monday evening, I developed a tremendous sore throat, from what I know not.  But I really landed under the weather very suddenly.  By 7:00pm, I was calling my physiotherapist's office and cancelling my appointment for the next morning.  I just knew that I was not up to the round trip to the big city.
Good thing I made that call too.  Because on Tuesday, I was blotto.
Couldn't move a muscle!  So I didn't.  I had what was obviously an enforced day of R&R and I guess that was just what the doctor ordered.
Because on Wednesday, I was fine.  Or at least as fine as I ever am.  But I chose to use the day for another day of R&R.  I'm reading a really good book and decided to continue lolling about, enjoying the down time.
Yesterday, I finally took the time to catch up on the bookkeeping -- which ended up taking me all morning because I took phone calls that used up the hours without my noticing how much time I was really spending yakking.
And last evening, we went for dinner at the Mill Street Crepe Company -- you know, the place I've tried to get to twice before?  Third time is the charm.  John's cousin and his wife met us there and we had a lovely meal before going across the street to check out the Memorial Quilt commemorating British Home Children in Canada.  That too was an interesting presentation.
Today, I hope to achieve something of merit.
I need to tackle all those documents I downloaded last week.  The job won't get done I don't get started.

No comments: