Thursday, August 4, 2011

These cursed hips

I've got a pair of hips for sale.
Any takers?
You can have them for a great price, really.
In fact, I'll GIVE them to the first taker.
Cuz I sure don't want them any longer.
That wonderful steroid injection has definitely run its course and my hips are wreaking havoc with my life again.
The constant, nagging pain is back.
The need to use that stupid stair lift is back (while the steroid was working, I was able to bound up and down the stairs like a teenager again!)
The slow, deliberate walk is back -- making me appear to be many years older than my actual age.
I was finally waking in the morning feeling refreshed and raring to go, thanks to the CPAP machine.
But just as that was kicking in, the benefit of the 'roid stopped.
And my sleep is again disturbed by the pain of the cursed hips.  So it seems that I've resorted to sleeping on my back as a permanent solution to the hip pain.
Both last night and the night before, I was wakened by John nudging me to tell me that I had to "fix the machine."  The mask had slipped off my chin causing the machine to make an awful racket -- enough to wake the dead ('cept it didn't wake me!).
In actual fact, my chin had slipped out of the mask, seemingly as a result of my snoring action.  I guess I'm a real heavy duty snorer when supine!
Now, logic tells me that the obvious solution to this latest problem is a chin strap to force my mouth closed for the night.
Doesn't that look like a fun thing to add to what I'm already wearing?
Sheesh, it would take me forever to get out of the gear if I had to do so in a hurry!
Oh the joys of trying to find balance.
When did they say that surgery might be happening?  I'd really like to be able to sleep on my side again.

No comments: