Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthdays are so much fun

I love birthdays, don't you?
Yesterday, we had a birthday party for moi.
It isn't actually my birthday until Tuesday (August 9th) but I violated my own rule this year.  (More on that later.)
We kept it small, which made it manageable for me.  I really find it quite discombobulating if there is too large a crowd.  Makes it difficult to actually visit with any one person, so I usually feel like I saw no one.
By keeping it small, I managed to spend quality time with good friends.
Made for a very nice day (my 33rd 29th birthday, part I).
And because it wasn't actually the day of my birthday, John had no problem allowing me to do the prep, the serving and the clean-up.  Had it actually been the day of my birthday, he would have had to be in charge of all that.
You see, my rule is:  I only celebrate my birthday on the actual date of my birthday.  The only day that matters, in terms of my birthday, is the actual day of my birthday.  So when August 9th rolls around, that is my day.  And on that day, I am to be indulged, pampered, and just all-around treated like a queen.
Obviously, in order to respect the spirit of that rule, had we had my party on the day of my birthday, it would have had to be a catered event because I cannot possibly be expected to do the prep, the cooking, the serving and the clean-up on my special day.
The other part of my rule?  Having a party on any other date does not supersede the requirement that my actual birthday be marked as a special day.
So, what are we doing on August 9th, you ask?
Well, it just happens that that's the day that my little chickadee will be returning my car to me.  (She has had my vehicle since last Tuesday for their annual holiday to Sandbanks Provincial Park.)
John, my little chickadee, Pauple, my beautiful boy, and I will celebrate my 61st birthday (oops, I mean my 33rd 29th birthday, part II) at the Mill Street Crepe Company in Almonte.  I've been really anxious to try the new restaurant and this will be a perfect occasion to do so.
I can think of no other persons with whom to share my special day than those who are most important in my life.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You should update this since you have to make your own cereal and we didn't get to the restaurant. Good thing the company was good!