Friday, December 4, 2009

Quick Update

I have to be quick.
We're heading into Ottawa today.
John wants to do his Christmas shopping.
I know, I know.
Most of you probably think that means he wants to DO his Christmas shopping, as in buy gifts that he will be giving to others.
But no, that is not what that statement means for him  (he doesn't have to worry about buying for others cuz I do all that shopping).
To John, "doing his Christmas shopping" means going to the stores to make his wish list of items that he hopes to get from Santa.
It makes it very difficult for Santa to finish shopping before the end of November when John only gets 'round to making his list in December.   But, that's the way things have happened this year.
So, we will go into Ottawa and John will do his Christmas shopping.
We will also pick up two more gifts from our list (one which I forgot to pick up on Monday when I was in Ottawa -- I am getting very dotty in my old age) and the other gift we only identifiied last night.
And that will leave only one more gift to get -- and as soon as we figure out what that gift will be I'll get it.
Of course, once I get John's list from him, I will forward said list to Santa so my darling husband won't be disappointed on Christmas morning.
Gotta go, my chariot awaits.

No comments: