Friday, December 11, 2009

Almost Ready

I'm almost ready for the big man's visit; just a few minor details to take care of now.
Someone has asked why I'm in "such a hurry" to get everything so completely ready this far ahead of the actual date.
But, if you think about it, there aren't a whole lot of days left until Christmas, not really.
For instance, today is Friday, December 11th. 
That means that Christmas is 14 days hence -- precisely two weeks from today!
I still have today, Saturday and Sunday free, in terms of doing anything that needs doing.
And remember, for every day that I "do" something, I have to rest one, maybe two days to recover.
But, unfortunately for me, I cannot rely on any of the five days from December 14th to the 18th for any Christmas preparation time because I will be involved in the prepping for and then the conduction of a medical procedure, the details about which you really don't want to hear.
Then, I can absolutely count on needing several days to recover from not the medical procedure, but the effects that the five-day prep will have had on my fibromyalgic body.
In any event, I will definitely be home resting and restoring strength on the 19th and 20th, to be sure.
The 21st is a toss-up right now.
At this point, I have a physiotherapy session scheduled for the 22nd and I plan to visit with my girlfriend before she heads off to Vancouver to celebrate the holiday with her daughter (my other daughter).
If one looks at a calendar, I'm thinking that brings us dangerously close to the 25th of December.
So, I'm really just coming in under the gun.  To my "always be prepared" way of thinking, I felt it would be prudent to have everything done before I started prepping for this God-awful event that I am so not looking forward to having done on the 18th.
Call me crazy but I guess that one week of Girl Guiding had an effect ...

2 comments:

Christine said...

AHA! Now I get it! I'm still looking at there are still 14 days left. And I am not overbooked for once. I even have this weekend free. YOu take care of you, okay? that proceedure sounds like a humdinger. What a crummy thing to have done at christmas!

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

Crummy thing to have done at this time yes, but necessary. And frankly (assuming it is good news on the other end, which we all hope it will be) it will be good to have it over with rather than have it hanging over me, you know?