Thursday, October 1, 2009

We Made It!

Well, here we are in Halifax.
The flight itself was uneventful, as flights go. 
I hate take-off, which is nothing new.
And landing hurts my ears beyond measure, but that is nothing new either.
We touched down right on schedule.
And then we walked.
And walked.
And walked.
And then I stopped and rested at the first chair I found (which turned out to be in the departure area for the people who would board the plane that we just emptied).
And then we walked some more.
And some more.
And more still.
And then we went down the escalator to the baggage collection area.
By now, John has to keep stopping to wait for me, so I'm telling him to go ahead, I'll catch up to him.
John stood in front of a carousel waiting for our luggage; I went to find a washroom.
And I see our luggage, sitting almost all alone and lonely, at a different carousel (we tie colourful ribbons to the handles of our luggage, making them easily visible in these circumstances).
Having sorted that out, we took the elevator down to the car rental desk.
But again we had to walk a whole lot more; at least now we had a luggage cart!
So we walked, and walked some more.
Are you getting where I'm going with this scenario?
By the time we got into the rental car, it was about 11:00am Ottawa time, and I had had the biscuit.  Now I realize that I've been up since 5:00am, and it's been a physically demanding morning for all intents and purposes, but I've used up my energy quotient for the day just walking in the Halifax Airport!
Oh well, c'est la vie, as the saying goes.
John has gone exploring around downtown Halifax.
I'm just taking it easy now so my energy reserve can build up again.
In Other News:
Roy "Doc" Halladay pitched another gem last night, shutting out the Boston Red Sox 12-0.  He again went the distance and finishes the season with a 17-10 record.  Imagine what that record would be had he had the run support for the many other games when he performed equally well.  Or for the games he pitched brilliantly and then the bullpen lost the game, rendering him a no decision.   Doc, we love you dearly but you deserve better.  "Go for the ring" -- wherever it takes you.  Just stay away from the AL Centre Division (you gotta beat dem dam Yanks and Red Sox!) and please don't go to the National League (stay off the basepads, we want to keep you safe).

No comments: