Monday, October 26, 2009

Another Early Morning Medical Call

My doctor's assistant called again this morning.
They just received the report of the X-ray that was done on my neck (hmmmm, I thought he had that report when I saw him last week).
It seems there is significant degeneration in my neck and spine.  No kidding doc?
On the morning of October 4th, when the doctor in Truro lifted my neck to examine the back of my head, the first words out of his mouth were, "You have serious arthritis in your neck and shoulders."  And that was just from putting his hand across the back of my shoulders to support me as he lifted me up!  He certainly didn't need an X-ray to tell him the state of my shoulders.
I remember giggling about it later with John -- imagine, I have arthritis; who woulda thunk it?
This was/is not news to me.
Anyway, my doctor recommends that I see a physiotherapist.
My choice.
I'm going into Ottawa for my weekly physio session today anyway.
The report is being faxed to my physiotherapist so she can know what she's dealing with.
We'll add it to the list.
She's going to have to start billing me double -- or triple -- for my sessions.

No comments: