Friday, October 9, 2009

Another day dawns ...

And my neck is still way too stiff to suit me.
The doctor did not indicate how long he thought my neck should continue to be sore.  Truth be known, he wasn't overly concerned about my neck, having x-rayed and scanned to confirm that nothing was amiss.  He told me that it was OK if the nausea continued (which it has), but if continuous vomiting occurred (it has not), I was to return to the hospital immediately.  When he telephoned the next day to check up on me, he asked how my neck was and I told him that it was better than it had been but it still seemed to "want the brace" and he said I should wear it at least until I got home to give me the extra protection for the flight.  That would suggest that he felt that I should be fine without it by the time I got home.
I'm finding that I am fine without it now that I'm home.
Just as long as I'm not upright and trying to do anything.
Because then the dizziness starts.  And the pain.
It is quite evident that my neck still needs the assistance of the brace to hold my head up when I'm trying to walk or remain upright for any length of time.
And the pain in my neck on waking is significant so I don't know what I'm doing during my sleep but obviously I'm turning my head in a way that my neck is not liking.
I know that the effects of concussion can last certainly beyond the five days that it has been but I am an impatient person when my activities are curtailed.  And I didn't suffer just a minor blow to the head.
But I only have to make it until Tuesday morning until I see my doctor and get answers ... maybe.
In the meantime, I will continue to wallow in self-pity and drive those around me crazy.
I am so glad I am loved!  Sure hope I am still when this is over.

No comments: