Monday, August 25, 2014

Four weeks to go ...

My right hip replacement surgery (total hip arthroplasty) is scheduled for four weeks from today.
YIKES!
That's going to be here before I know it.
So much to do.  So little time.
I've mapped out on a calendar what I think needs attention before the big day, so I can pace myself as I take care of the important stuff.  And to ensure that I don't forget anything that really needs doing.  Like paying bills at the appropriate times.  Have to make sure I queue all the ones that need to be paid while I might be laid up, away from the computer.
I've mentally made my "packing" lists and over the next couple of days I guess I'll actually put them to paper.  One for the short hospital stay, another in the event that I am again sent to rehab (which I expect will happen).  Last time, I was caught off guard when I went to the rehab centre and I had to talk John through finding the clothing that I needed.  This time, I'll have a bag already packed for him to grab!



But four weeks until I'm back to using a walker?
Yikes!!!!!

No comments: