Thursday, June 20, 2013

So I'm "not allergic" huh?

It's been a busy week.
I was out of the house all day Tuesday.
Had to take the laptop into the shop.  (Which meant visiting with my favourite boys -- always a joy!)  They fixed the problem on the spot -- without charge! -- and sent me home a happy camper once again.  Love those guys to pieces!
Then I had my weekly physio session.  That's always a bright spot in my day.  I'll sooooo regret when she finally retires.  (She tells me that won't be any time soon, but she and her husband -- who are my age -- seem to be enjoying travel outside the country a little too much for my liking.)
From physio, I had to visit my audiologist for my annual hearing test.  No change.  (Well, that was a change!)    We discussed upgrade options, should I decide to go that route, since my current hearing aids are five years old this year and technology has come a long way in the intervening years.  I'll think on it.
Then I had to see my ENT doctor (same office, thank God!) for my routine vacuuming of the ears.  Only my left ear needed attention this visit, and he didn't need to resort to the vacuum.  Double phew!
Finally, at the height of rush-hour traffic, I headed home.  Got here just on time for our politics show, and John dutifully greeted me at the top of the stairs with my glass of wine.  So sweet.
Yesterday was my massage day, but at the clinic.  We've had to switch the schedule a bit because my Synvisc injections.  So instead of her coming to me on Thursdays, I've been going to her on Wednesdays.
Then late yesterday afternoon, I went into some kind of allergic response, reacting to something -- I know not what. 
Anyway, the sneezing, runny nose and watering eyes continued all evening.   In the middle of the night I woke up coughing.  Non-stop coughing.  Classic asthma attack.  Dug out the puffer, calmed my lungs down, and went back to sleep.
What the hell's up with that?????????
Clearly, I'm reacting to something.  But since the allergist told me last week that I am "not allergic," it makes the event -- or his findings -- all the more suspect. (The runny nose and watery eyes persist today.) 
I'll be seeing my doctor this afternoon for Round #2 of the Synvisc injections in my knees, and I'll tell her about last night while she's torturing me.  See what she has to offer about my "not being allergic."
Once again, I'm facing 48 hours of enforced "off my feet" time following those injections.  And this time, I don't have a good book in which to get lost.
*Sigh*

No comments: