Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fibro mystery solved!

Apparently, researchers have solved the mystery that is fibromyalgia, revealing that the main source of pain stems from excess blood vessels in the hand.  I've printed the article and taken a copy to my physiotherapist; a copy will be given to my doctor tomorrow when I see her (for my third and final Synvisc injection); and I'll give my massage therapist a copy next week.


Fibromyalgia Pain Trigger Points

Fibromyalgia is diagnosed when pain is confirmed in at least eleven of the eighteen trigger points shown in the above photo.  I test positive for pain in all of the identified points (and the ankles too).

Amazing to think that so much pain can emanate from the hands, but if true, it surely explains a lot about the difficulty I've had with my hands over the years.  And it just might explain the more recent phenomenon of my "losing another finger" with each fibro flare-up.

Now that they've finally unlocked the mystery of fibro, no telling how much longer we'll have to wait for the "cure" to come.

No comments: