Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Have I turned a corner?

I had a remarkably good day yesterday, insofar as pain and energy level are concerned.
My hands were not nearly as sore as they have been for the past while.  And my energy level was unusually high.
I know not the reason for either change, but I'll take it.
Yesterday was physio day so that meant making the round trip into the city, which was not too difficult this time, I must say.  (Listened to my new Rodriguez CDs all the way -- good music that!)
Prior to leaving for the city, I did my 20 minutes on the treadmill too!
Then en route to the city, I made two errand stops to pick up stuff that we need for the house.  (By making the stops on my way into the city, I can come directly home after my physio and get maximum benefit from the session.)
The only difficulty I noticed during the drive was with my right shoulder.  It doesn't like being extended so I can no longer drive with my hand at the top of the steering wheel.  (I know, one is supposed to drive with one's hands in the ten and two o'clock positions.  Does anyone actually do that any more?)
My right hip started objecting at about the half way mark but that's par for the course really.  That's not going to change.  In fact, it's only going to get worse until the hip is replaced.
All in all, it was the best day I've had in several weeks.
Perhaps it's actually taken this long for my body to rid itself of all that prednisone?
Today, so far, appears to be sizing up as a similarly good day.

No comments: