Sunday, February 17, 2013

UGH! Another flare-up

Gosh, this is getting tired.
I apparently did too much last week, and had to pay the piper yesterday.
What was "too much" you ask.
Well, I went into the big city for my physio session on Tuesday.  One round trip.
On Wednesday, I went the same distance in the other direction to lunch with my Angel.  It's been ages since I saw her and we had a delightful visit.
On Thursday, my back went out while I was showering to get ready for my massage therapist.  She thought that perhaps I had done too much on the treadmill (that was my 27.5 minute day).  She suggested I back off a bit for a few days and left me with instructions of how to treat my back until it recovered.
On Friday, it was another round trip to the big city for our annual full-body check-up with our dermatologist.  I got a clean bill of health and don't have to go back for another year.  John had one spot that required biopsy and has to return in six months for follow-up (unless they call him back sooner).
And Saturday?
I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a dozen Mack trucks.
Oh it was bad.
So I spent the day on the sofa, reading.  (Well, OK, for a good part of the day I slept but when I was awake I was reading.)
Today I am marginally better, but only marginally.
My arms feel like I was in a sparring match (and lost!).
My hands are swollen and painful again.  (I had only just been able to start wearing my wedding band and had to take it off again this morning.)
My legs feel like rubber.  (Second consecutive day of no treadmill!)
All in all, it's going to be another slow and easy day.
But, I am doing the laundry that I couldn't do yesterday so I guess my energy level is a tad higher today.
I really don't like these flare-ups.
Have I mentioned that fibro sucks?

No comments: