Thursday, February 21, 2013

T G I T !!!!!!

Yes, thank God it's THURSDAY!  Because that means it's massage day.
My withdrawal symptoms 'withdrew' yesterday -- meaning I woke up feeling 'normal' again.  Fortunately, the nasty effects only lasted two days.
Good thing too because we had to go into the big city for a medical appointment (John's this time, not mine). On the way home, we made more than a few stops to pick up various and sundry stuff that we needed for the household (including groceries).  Now we can hunker down for a few more days and not worry about what the weather does.
I've managed to get back on the treadmill again, but ever so slowly.  Did 15 minutes on Tuesday, and 15 minutes again yesterday.  I'll try for 20 minutes today and see how that goes.  It's interesting that my stamina is declining as I reduce the Prednisone level.  I wonder how long I'll be able to do when I'm not taking any steroid?
My next reduction of dose is Saturday and I'm really not looking forward to it, if it's going to be the same as the last two.  I'm hoping that my body is now adjusted to the declining levels and won't object quite as strenuously with the next one.
Anyway, today is the day I get to loll about in my jammies until noon.  Then I'll shower and wait for my massage therapist to arrive.  An hour later, all my kinks will be ironed out and I'll be relaxed and mellow.
Aaaaaaaaaah, I love Thursdays!

No comments: