Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wow, I've been busy!

Seems that a "fixed" hip is a dangerous thing.
At least for me it is.
On Saturday, I made the trip into the big city to have breakfast with my good friend, LC (my other daughter's mother).  After breakfast, I stopped in at my little chickadee's place and collected hugs from everyone (including one of her neighbours who witnessed the hugging and felt he should get in on the act!).
On Sunday, we went to my step-son's place for dinner to celebrate Fathers' Day (and his upcoming birthday).  They live clear on the other side of the big city so that was another long, round trip.
Yesterday, I decided I should make meat pies.  We still had a freezer full of ground venison that had been donated to us and we wanted to use it up.  I had bought the requisite amount of ground beef and the pie shells last week.
I spent the morning preparing nine meat pies for the freezer.  Then I went back into town to get more pie shells because I had an abundance of meat.  Two more pies were prepared for the freezer.  Today, I will buy another set of pie shells to make yet another two more pies for the freezer with the meat that remains to be used.  (It's really hard to gauge how many pies will be rendered with all that meat, but I don't think I've ever been off by that many before.)
Today, I'm off to have a nice leisurely lunch with my angel.  But not before driving the equivalent of another trip into the big city.
Oh well, c'est la vie.
Sometimes, some pleasures are just worth it!

No comments: