Monday, June 13, 2011

This is unbelievable!

I continue to be amazed at how enjoyable it is to be "normal" again.
I can sit.
I can stand up.
I can walk.
I can ride the stationary bike. (I'm up to 15 minutes a day now -- gonna meet that weight loss goal yet!)
I can lie down.
I can sleep.
I can change positions in bed.
And I can do it all without pain!
Truly, truly amazing.
What a treat it is!
And this, I'm told, is what I have to look forward to once my hip is replaced (on the other side of the recovery scale of course).
Apparently, these steroid injections serve a truly diagnostic purpose for surgeons:  the relief enjoyed by the patient is indicative of what can be expected from total joint replacement.
Based on my experience, both last year and again now, I guess I can look forward to heaven.

No comments: