Thursday, October 16, 2014

24 Days Post-op

Here I am, 24 days post-op and I am sooooooooooooooo frustrated.
I really really really dislike being dependent on someone else, most especially for my transportation.
Unfortunately, until I get the green light from my surgeon (or the physiotherapist) I cannot drive myself to get groceries.
And that drives me crazy.
I can handle the drives to and from medical appointments.  If I must.
But I really prefer to do the groceries my ownself.
Always have.
And here I am, only three weeks into the dependent role and I've had enough of it.
My recovery is coming along remarkably well, although we've hit a snag because my right knee took a beating during the surgery.  And it is not healing well.  Until it recovers, it is difficult to do most of the exercises I need to do for the hip.
Yesterday, my physiotherapist did ultrasound on my knee to help it along. That gave me some relief, for a while.
This morning, it's right back inflamed and not wanting any pressure being put to bear.
My hip, on the other hand, is perfectly happy with as much pressure as I want to put on it.  It is very stable and if it weren't for the weakness of the knee, I'd be much further along than I am.
*Sigh*
All things come to he who waits.
I'm not known for my patience.

No comments: