Saturday, May 31, 2014

It was SO exciting!

I can't believe it's taken me six days to get back on here to tell you the exciting news!
Last Sunday at MHYC's Annual Review, he won the award for top level one cadet.  That means that of all the first year cadets (approximately 60-75 young boys and girls) he was chosen as the most outstanding member of his level.
Exciting huh?
We were blown away when his name was called.
His Mom let out the cutest little yelp.  (We had been asked to hold applause until all the awards had been announced, as there were many).  Then she asked me for a tissue.  Before I knew it, she was asking for a tissue for his Dad.  And of course, I was already dabbing at my eyes.
The Review itself was really nice to see.  It was especially exciting to see our boy march in and display his skills so comfortably.
He received a plaque with his name on it, and of course his name is on the larger plaque that will be displayed in perpetuity at the Cadets HQ.
Were we proud?  You wanna believe we were!

Oh, and on another note, I finally managed to solve my printer issue.  That only took a week of frustration but it's done now, at last.  Phew!  Still a lot more to do to recover from John's crash but I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

No comments: