Sunday, May 25, 2014

My life is too busy by half!

OMG stop the merry-go-round, I need to get off!
Life has been absolutely crazy lately.
Doesn't help that I've been sick with a very nasty virus for the past week.  (I can thank my darling husband for that.  He had it first and I must admit he was much worse than I with it.)
While sick, John had a computer crash.  I tried to help and made the situation worse so now we are having to rebuild his system.  Oops!  It's a slow, methodical process but we're getting there.
In the process of fixing his problem, I've added a Windows 7 system to my configuration as well.  The Internet would leave me behind if I didn't but I'm keeping my XP system because I'm not prepared to give up my old programs that don't rely on the Internet for functionality.  Unfortunately, they won't run on Windows 7 so unless I want to spend more money on software ... They get you one way or the other.
Turns out in the "upgrade," my printers will no longer talk to everybody on the network.  My techie expert spent over two hours trying everything I had tried and more to resolve the issue and no can do.  Simply can't get the HP Laserjet 1320 to work in both environments.  Problem is, my techie tells me that he's never seen the problem before.  That printer is used all over the place in similar set-ups and installs just fine.  Software issue he says.  *Sigh*
Anyway, I've resigned from computer issues for today and am going into Ottawa to see MHYC perform in his Annual Review.  I'm going to stay overnight and chill with MLC and Pauple.
Tomorrow morning MHYC and I will go for our usual breakfast before I head home.
To tackle computer problems again.
And I wonder where my life is going ...

No comments: