Thursday, May 22, 2014

Success, finally!

I did it.  I did it.
I finally met my weight loss goal, and then some.
This morning, I am down 40.8 lbs from where I started a year ago April 11th.
So it took me one year, one month and eleven days.
But I've done it!
Now to maintain.
That might be a bigger challenge than having lost the weight.
Because I don't want to gain, but I also don't want to lose any more.
Methinks the not losing might be a legitimate concern.
According to MyFitnessPal (the app I use to track my progress), I need to eat 1790 calories a day in order to maintain my current weight.  Now if you consider that I continue to be hard-pressed to manage 1200 calories a day, I'm not too sure how I'll consume close to 1800 in a day.  There just aren't enough hours in a day for me to eat that much!
My doctor advised me to add more fat to my diet when I got to the point of needing to maintain.  So I'll give that a try and see what happens in the short term.  If it works, great!
I'll let you know how things go, either way.

No comments: