Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Into the big city today ...

Well, it's into the big city today.
Right back into my routine.  If it's Tuesday, it must be physio day.
Today's trip has a little extra adventure though.
Last week, I lost a filling in a tooth.  At 4:00 pm on Friday!  So I had to wait until Monday morning (yesterday) to call my dentist for an appointment.  Luckily, there's been no pain or discomfort (other than the fact that my tongue wants to reside in the hole that's been left by the missing filling!).  The staff at my dentist's office is very good at fitting me in around my physio trips into Ottawa and this call was no different.
"How's noon tomorrow, Bonnie?" she asked.
"Perfect," I said, "I'll see you then."
So I'll go to my dentist before my physiotherapist.  Hopefully, I'll be able to sleep during the physio session because I'll need a nap by then.
My sleep is again being disturbed by pain from my damned bursa.  Gonna have to up the prednisone dose I guess.  I see my doctor on Thursday this week to discuss the prednisone issue anyway (she only gave me a month's supply as a trial).  I'm thinking it's a good thing that I started lower than what she had prescribed because now I can increase to what she initially thought I would need.  Still be on a low dose, but perhaps still get benefit.  We'll see what she has to say.
I'll stay overnight at my little chickadee's tonight because I have business I want to do at my friendly computer shop.  Didn't want to be rushed and be worried about daylight running out on me so I'll stop there tomorrow after breakfasting with my striking young man.
This will be my first overnight since last year, so it's been a while!  Surely, they've missed me.  :)

No comments: