Sunday, February 20, 2011

We're going to Opening Day

Yup, we're going to be in the stands for opening day of the Blue Jays 2011 season.
Actually, we'll be in the stands that entire weekend (well, during the games anyway).
Bought the tickets yesterday.
Unfortunately, we'll be in the nosebleed section for the Friday night -- only seats available.
But on the Saturday and Sunday, we almost got the section, row and seats we like (it's like our names are stamped on them).  We like section 228, row 9 or 10, seats 101 - 102 and 103.
We'll be in Section 227, row 11 (on Saturday) and row 10 (on Sunday), seats 101 - 102 and 103.
So we didn't do too badly overall.
Oh, it's going to be so much fun to be there for opening day.
Last time we were at opening day for a ball game, it was at the Montreal Expos and that was waaaaaaaaay back in about 2000, I think.
Yes, I'm fairly certain that was the year because Bob, our baseball-fanatic friend with whom we stay in Toronto, had driven my new car to me (my cars usually came from Hamilton), and then we all drove to Montreal for opening day.
We had a blast.
That was back when I could handle long days and long car trips.
I had worked all day (having left home with the van service at 6:00am), John and Bob picked me up at work at 3:30pm and we headed off to Montreal to catch the game.  Then after the game, John and I drove back home.  And I went to work the next day, again catching the van service at 6:00am.
I can assure you, I couldn't even hope to keep a schedule like that today!
Anyway, this year, we'll take the train to Toronto on the Friday, arriving early enough for me to rest before we head off to the evening game.
I'll be able to rest the next morning before taking in the afternoon game.
Same thing the next day.
Then the day after that, on the Monday, we'll take the train home, leaving Toronto at noon.
Then I'll crash.
But it will be sooooooo worth it.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Would it not be easier to take Porter flight rather than the long trip on the train?

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

That's a thought Christine (and my Pauple even works for them!) but I believe last year when we looked at that, the train was cheaper. Besides, John LOVES trains. The train allows me to stretch out, get up, walk around, etc so it isn't too onerous really. But I will take a look at the Porter info again, just in case! Thanks for the idea.