Wednesday, February 23, 2011

TENs to the rescue

After not being able to use my TENs machine for several months, having suffered an allergic reaction to the electrodes, I decided to try it again on Monday morning.
I wore it for three hours and the relief was unimaginable.  There is an incredible "aaaaaaahhhhh" effect when I wear the TENs machine, and I guess I had forgotten just how beneficial it was.  Too bad there is no residual benefit for me though (the relief I get from it stops immediately that I take the damned thing off).
Anyway, I wore it again yesterday and this time I left it on for six hours.
It is so nice to be able to go about my day, walking around like a normal person, without pain.  I managed to take care of quite a few naggy chores that had been hanging over my head for way too long.  What a sense of relief to have them off my worry wheel!
So far, no allergic response to the electrodes.
This morning, I'm again wearing the TENs unit but I'll only be able to leave it on for about two hours until I have to hit the shower to get ready to leave here.
Today is my physiotherapy day and I have to leave earlier than I normally would because my usual 1:00pm appointment is at 11:30am.
I'm staying in the big city tonight because I have an appointment with my doctor first thing tomorrow morning, so to make use of the time, I'll be having lunch at my good friend LC's after my physio.  Then I'll pick up MLC at work and we'll go back to her place to watch two of my TV shows that my stupid DVR failed to tape last week (long story).
We'll go get MBB at his daycare just before it's time to go to my hairdresser's place for my routine haircut (time to get beautiful again!).  Then we'll all have supper (at this point, the specifics of the meal are undecided).
Tomorrow morning, since my doctor's appointment is so early, I can't take MBB for breakfast (I'll make it up to him), but my good friend RLR will meet me and we'll have breakfast.  When that meeting breaks up at around 10:30am, I'll head home.  But since tomorrow is massage day, I'll linger around town (there's groceries to do etc) until it's time for that ever-beneficial session.
That means I'm leaving here at 10:30am today, and won't be back before 2:30pm tomorrow.
Later, gotta go get grub.

No comments: